5 Practical Ways to Tackle Burnout in 2022
Avoid Burnout, Feel Better. What To Do When You Don’t Feel Like Doing Anything.
I, Dr. Lily, have been reading A LOT since the beginning of the pandemic. So far, 2022 has been the year of self help books. If you haven’t read it yet, “Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff” by Richard Carlson makes some really good points on how to be a more “complete you” with less burn out.
Here is what he suggests:
- Become less controlling (at work/at home/in life). Surrender to the day’s imperfections and begin being comfortable with the uncomfortable.
- Have some “no phone time”. Looking at your phone first thing in the morning can be overstimulating and can trigger stress/anxiety responses. Not a way to start the day! Instead try doing something more mindful i.e. meditate, go on a walk, exercise, spend time with family.
- “Light a candle instead of cursing the darkness”… finding ways to look on the bright side, yes, but also looking at failure as a way to build resilience and growth.
- TGIT – “thank goodness it’s today”. Stop looking 5 miles ahead and take it one day at a time. Be present.
- Take breaks. Get outside and go for a walk, try not to work through lunch, take deep breaths.
Be thankful, slow down, practice gratitude and notice the beauty around you.
Breathe. is a three-clinic holistic physical therapy practice in Des Moines, West Des Moines and Iowa City / Cedar Rapids area specializing in dry needling, dra, pants peeing, women’s health, pregnancy/postpartum pain and recovery and pelvic floor dysfunction. Learn more at www.breatheptw.com